Monday, February 5, 2007

PR Assignment: Too Damn Cold

This PR assignment involves discussing how the recent cold weather has affected my day to day living. Frankl,y I'd rather not dedicate an entire post to just complaining about my life because there are plenty of other blogs that handle that far better than I ever could.

But it's homework so I guess I'll do it.

It's really cold in St. Louis right now. In fact the majority of the country is feeling an arctic blast. Minnesota recorded a -42 degrees today. That's ridiculous.

The past few years St. Louis has had some mild winters, the worse usually coming around February but only lasting about a week.

However this year is different.

It has been below 35 degrees for about an entire month now and I'll be blunt, it sucks.

My 1992 Geo Tracker has spun out of control 3 times.
I had to break icicles out of my hair twice.
I cut my hair and now my ears are freezing.
I've spent roughly $15 on chap stick.
It only snows after I've left my house with my suede jacket on.
I've had various head colds.

That's a little of how my life has been affected.

Not everything about the weather is bad though.
We all have a great conversation starter for greeting strangers.

Thank God baseball starts in a month.

No comments: