Monday, April 30, 2007

Gays, Polish and Sheryl Crow?

I apologize for the tardiness of this entry but I've been kind of busy. I know it's no longer topical but I wrote it two weeks ago and never got around to posting it.

Archbishop Raymond Burke is in the
papers again.

Sheryl Crow is Pro-Choice so Burke resigned as chairmen of Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital when Crow was scheduled to play a benefit show for the Bob Costas Cancer Center.


In starting I understand that Burke's job is to support the Catholic Church's beliefs 100% of the time.

However I feel that this presents a clear danger to our society.

The main goal of the concert was to raise money for cancer research and treatment.
This had nothing to do with stem cell research, abortion or "moral evils".

What has happened is that religious beliefs, although well founded, have interfered with a genuinely good thing.

And this is the point where religious Americans can no longer hold themselves above "fundamentalists" because their beliefs have caused some sort of destruction.

It's what leads to flying planes into buildings.

Please don't excommunicate me....



Listen to him talk. The similarity is uncanny

No comments: